Re: Multiple Page recipients ?

On Wed, 13 Aug 1997, Jonathan Chen wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Aug 1997, Chad M Vande Pol wrote:
>

> > I want to send a page to 5 recipients at the same time, I know I can do
> > this by dialing 5 times but all the recipients are from the company and
> > need the same page so I want to just have the modem dial once and send the
> > page to 5 different pager ID's, Is this posible, I think so, is it
> > posible with the hylafax software?
>
> I don't think it's possibl yet. Some code rewrite may be required.

It used to do that. Or else I used to use the other sendpage and it did
it. I just find the whole thing to be very unreliable. Mostly it just
gives up too easily. We send the same page to 3 or 4 people at a time
with multiple "-p name" arguments, then I often get back messages that
say there were too many concurrent job and some get lost. That is a
nightmare. Also it should have an option to keep dialing even if it
doesn't think the other end is a fax machine. We use the system to page
us of any system failures and then to dial our phone in the middle of the
night just in case we didn't hear the page :-).

Steve

---
Steve Roderick                                  ProAxis Communications, Inc.
steve@proaxis.com                               Internet Access Provider
                                                (541) 757-0248