Re: Hylafax and PPP?

> I've been checking the hylafax source code particularly Getty.c++
> It appears the functions that exec the getty first redirect stdin,stdout to
> the tty line before exec'ing the getty program - or shell script in this case.
> (Check fn's Getty::run and Getty::setupSession)

That doesn't matter.  The shell script is reading from a different file
descriptor, open to the script, not from standard in, and is non-interactive,
so killable with control-C.

In any case, I'm pretty sure that pppd can be used without a wrapper.

> This comes from running a HP-UX sytem where they explicitly say _never_ put
> a shell script as a login shell into /etc/passwd or /etc/shells.

Does HP-UX have kernel support for #!.  Lack of that is the only thing I can
think of which would cause a problem at the moment.  However, it is possible
that there is a subtlety that I've missed.