Re: Hylafax and PPP?

> At 16:28 28/07/97 +0200, Sven Arndt wrote:
>
> >I would like to use a single modem to recieve faxes and to let people
> >log  in (using PPP).
>
> Hello Sven
> You need to get a copy of mgetty (from Sunsite or wherever)

I think mgetty has to be overkill if he only wants to use PPP in data mode.

Assuming the OS supports #! fully, a fairly simple shell script should be
able to run up the PPP daemon directly, without going through a secondary
PPP detect phase.  I suspect it might even be possible to run the PPP
daemon in place of the getty.