Re: Selecting a modem based on the area code

Something as simple as setting the ModemClass would probably suffice.  A
simple
shell script which just calls sendfax with the -h ModemClass@host to specify a
differnet line if you have them all on one server.

At 11:29 AM 7/25/97 -0600, Steve Williams wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> Has anyone implemented a process whereby a fax can be directed to a
>> specific modem based on the destination phone number or area code?
>>
>> I would like to place a modem in each of our nodes located thought the
>> country. Each of these would therefore be "local" to that region whilst
>> there is one central HylaFAX server.
>>
>> I notice this is in the TODO list
>>
>It wouldn't be too hard to put a shell/perl/... script wrapper around
>sendfax.
>
>This script would examine the destination phone number, look up in a
>table which "Server" would be servicing that number, set the FAXSERVER=
>environment variable, then call sendfax.  I could whip it off in about
>4 lines of shell script for an easy implementation.
>
>Let me know if you want more info.
>
>Good Luck,
>--
>	Steve Williams, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
>	Genie Computer Systems Inc.
>	steve@genie96.com

Aidan Van Dyk                               aidan@magma.ca
   Magma Communications Ltd                 Phone: +1 613 228-3565
   Unit 201, 52 Antares Drive               Fax:   +1 613 228-8313
   Nepean, Ontario, K2E 7Z1                 WWW:   http://www.magma.ca/