Re: HylaFAX and further development

At 05:17 PM 7/15/97 +1200, Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz> wrote:
>Yo.
>
>One thing I've noticed about the list lately is that we appear to
>running slightly out of steam. Development on HylaFAX (fixes and more
>importantly enhancements) have basically ground to a halt (either
>that, or I'm not on the development list).
>[snip]

Hi.

I've noticed the same thing, and agree with your thoughts. And I'd better
say first that I'm one of the worst, contributing for a day or two, then
disappearing ( well, lurking ) for the rest of the month.

The mailing list seems to have plenty of practical, admin people who have
problems to fix and are willing to share solutions with other people. What
we are missing the C++ programmers (ideally a team) who are happy to delve
into the code and produce patches, workrounds - even just to tell us what
the existing code actually does ( a recent thread in the list ).

The answer? I dunno. Somehow we need to encourage other people onto the
list. Perhaps documentation of the source code to make easier for someone
new to get to grips with it ? Anyone else got any ideas ?

Just my 2 cents worth...

Cheers,
Phil Watkinson,
Boston, UK.