Re: typerules

On Tue, 15 Jul 1997 norbert.koch@delta-ii.de wrote:

> has anybody any clue why my sendfax doesn't seem to read the typerule
> information (normal installation of 4.0pl1 in /usr/local/lib/fax on a
> Linux 2.0.28 using a gcc 2.7.2) ...
>
> Although the first line reads something like
>
> 0     string      %!     ps
>
> a conversion into tiff format is attempted which ends in the warning
> that the magic number (magically) doesn't match (no wonder :-)
>
> (btw, I have, or merely sendfax has, troubles converting normal ascii
> files, too, so something might be buggy with the installation but I
> can't figure out what - damn ;-/)

Don't forget to add the following entry in your sendfax.conf:

TypeRules:      /your/path/to/typerules

You also have to change the following magics on a x86 machine (in cause
of Byteorder):

>From:
0      short           0x0506          ps      showcase -p -f %i
0      short           0x5343          ps      showcase -p -f %i
0      short           0xf702          ps      dvips -q -o %o %i

To:
0      short           0x0605          ps      showcase -p -f %i
0      short           0x4353          ps      showcase -p -f %i
0      short           0x02f7          ps      dvips -q -o %o %i

mfG,
	Carsten Hoeger
------
Carsten Hoeger  - S.u.S.E. GmbH -  Gebhardtstr. 2  -  90762 Fuerth  -  Germany
fax +49-911-3206727      web http://www.suse.de        mailbox +49-911-3247122
<A HREF="http://www.suse.de/~bb/rc5.html"> Macht mit beim rc5-challenge!</A>