hylafax v4.0pl1

I have found that the "localhost" error I was having might be related to
the lack of a "faxserver" variable, which if needed I thought would
have been a bit more obvious.  I placed a "set FAXSERVER myaddress.com"
with the servers addressand logged back on. Now anything related to hfaxd,
such as faxstat or sendfax asks for "Password:". Using -v -v seems to
indicate that the Hylafax server sees me as ROOT but when I enter roots
password it is not valid.

Why is hylafax asking me for a password. Did I insert the variable in the
right place or should the faxsetup have done this for me ?