Re: Problems getting a Courier to work

On Wed, 2 Jul 1997, Chad M Vande Pol wrote:

> Nothing else is using the modem, I have a server dedicated to email to
> fax.
>
> On Thu, 3 Jul 1997, Jonathan Chen wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2 Jul 1997, Chad M Vande Pol wrote:
> >

> > > I am using a USR courier that is in a MP-8 modem bank, the modem works
> > > fine with any comunication program and it will fax with hylafax once in a
> > > while but I usually get these errors.
> > >
> > > Jul  1 16:15:06 is6 FaxSend[15142]: /dev/ttyqf: Can not open modem (I/O error)
> > > Jul  1 16:15:13 is6 FaxSend[15142]: /dev/ttyqf: Can not initialize modem.
> >
> > Is anything else using the modem as well? Have you got an outgoing
> > uucp config using that line as well?
> > --

Having asked the obvious question, how about more details on O/S
details, HylaFAX version, config files etc. Perhaps the problem is
a O/S related one, and someone else here may know about it.

What sort of multiport board are you using? Since you've mentioned
that the faxes _DO_ work sometimes, but fail with the above failures
on others, I'd suspect that you've got a wonky driver or flaky
hardware.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen                          e-mail : jonc@pinnacle.co.nz
  Pinnacle Software Ltd                Voice  : +64.9.415.4460