RE: font metric information files?

At 01:26 AM 5/28/97 -0600, Henry H Lu <honglu@rt66.com> wrote:
>[snip]
>still faxsetup will give me this error and textfmt won't run because of
>this error. Why can't hylafax find font metric information file for the
>Courier font?  I installed full package of ghostcript and ghostcript
>fonts from redhat 3.0.3 release.
>[snip]

Hi, Henry.

I've sent directly to you a couple of copy emails on this subject -
firstly an addition to Q44 of the HylaFAX FAQ which I have submitted to
Matthias; secondly, some draft notes I made when installing and configuring
the binary package for Linux Redhat.

Basically, HylaFAX doesn't read the Fontmap, and expects to find a file
called 'Courier Bold.afm'.

Good Luck!
Cheers,
Phil Watkinson,