Total NEWBIE

Hello, I have been watching this list for some time and just about all of
the posts are way over my head. I have messed around with Hylafax on my ISP
but was never able to get him to do the installation, it seemed pretty
simple to me, but of course I couldn't go though with the installation. I
will be setting up SCO UNIX on a PC pretty soon (486-33 with 16M) One thing
I want to know is why do you people use hylafax? What makes it good? Since
of course most of the posts on this list deal with problems with hylafax it
kind of worries me. I am not nearly as knowlegable about UNIX as most of
you, so I wonder if I can support it once I have it running. It also occurs
to me that many of you may be using it in a way that I will not have to deal
with and so I could be worring for nothing.

My main reason for being intrested in hylafax is for the Internet email to
fax type of thing. I would like to be able to offer this to customers, but
find that few providers offer this as a service in my area. One thing I have
found is that there are a whole lot of people who don't have a computer that
do want to get on the Internet and need some way of recieving responses from
their web pages. Faxing to me is the best solution to this.

Thanks for any comments..

Eric Frazier

Web Design PLUS
http://www.compunetservices.com/frazier

IDEAS Mailing List: An Experiment in Internet Democracy
Subscribe Today! http://www.mgl.ca/~ideas