NO DEVICE AVAILABLE

Hi Liam:

   Such an error with cu usually means that you have not "activated" the
/dev/cua1 device in the /etc/inittab. I don't remember exactly all the details
related to how to do this because I have not work with UUCP for quite a
long time.

   Following Nico's suggestion, I would use another higher level software
such as minicom or seyon, which come installed with the Linux distribution.
You could also stick with cu and learn how to use it. ;-)

   All depends in how much time you have in your hands. . . Forget about the
UUCP reference. Just make sure the modem is active and with the right permissions.

   Bye,

        Gabriel