BSDI 3.0 binary and paging.

I am running the binary distribution of HylaFax which came with BSDI 3.0.
(Version 4.0pl0).  I am having success in all my endeavours, except for
the following.

When I set the MaxMsgLength in hfaxd.conf, it seems only to apply to the
hfaxd program.  Although this seems reasonable, it does cause a problem.
The pagesend program truncates all of the messages to 128 characters.  So,
I can accept messages up to 2048 characters (my MaxMsgLength) from
sendpage, but these get cut down to 128 beofre actually sending.

This is not a problem with my paging service.  In my logs are lines which
tell me that my messages are too long and so they are truncated to 128.

I am using HylaFax to forward email to pagers for some of my customers,
and I am really pleased with how well it works.  However, i don't want to
keep explaining to them about this wierd 128 character limit.

Ok, the question:

Is there somewhere I can specify to the pagesend proggram at runtime a new
MaxMsgLength?  If so, how?  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks so much, in advance:
Matt