WinFlex

We just set up our HylaFax server and are testing the clients for our
various desktop systems.  Our UNIX and Mac clients appear to work
without any trouble, but we are having trouble with the PC client.

First I tried whfc, since most of our PCs run NT.  This client has no
trouble popping up when a doc is printed to the FAX printer I set up,
but it won't send the fax because it asks for a password.  We aren't
using passwords, but whfc won't accept an empty password and all other
passwords fail.

Next I tried WinFlex.  I configured it and the printer.  The send fax
menu option, and the queue examination features all work great, but it
won't detect the print file coming in.  I have to manually hit send fax
and select the printer output file.  I am using the version of WinFlex
on tecc.co.uk, I understand there are some compatibility problems
between it and Win95/WinNT.  I tried to get the recompiled version (per
the FAQ) from ftp.morningstar.com but the ftp site returns an error when
you try to log in anonymously.

My test system is WinNT 4.0.

If anyone has any idea how to fix either problem or both please let me
know.
--
William Stuart
Acting MIS Manager