Re: modem on /dev/modem appears wedged (fwd)

I've found that power-cycling the modem fixes this problem in my
configuration.

At 10:40 AM 5/6/97 -0500, Mario de Mello Bittencourt Neto wrote:
>Hi folks, I started receiving this messages with no resaon (at least none
>that I know)...
>
>What is the best solution, restart the machine ? Stop/stat faxq ?
>
>Thanks.
>

>Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 10:37:17 -0500
>From: The HylaFAX Receive Agent <fax@buriti.com.br>
>To: FaxMaster@buriti.com.br
>Subject: modem on /dev/modem appears wedged
>
>The HylaFAX software thinks that there is a problem with the modem
>on device /dev/modem that needs attention; repeated attempts to
>initialize the modem have failed.
>
>Consult the server trace logs for more information on what is happening.

Ivan Kohler
VoiceNet Staff
ivan@voicenet.com
"I ain't often right but I've never been wrong
 It seldom turns out the way it does in the song
 Once in a while you get shown the light
 in the strangest of places if you look at it right" -JG/RH