Re: Scheduler not running

At 10:30 AM 5/10/97 +0200, Peter Bolmehag wrote:
>>   ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
>>"|/usr/local/bin/faxmail | /usr/local/bin/sendfax -f root@rudolph -h
>>ttyS1@127.0.0.1 -d fax@4542074 -n"
>>    (expanded from: <fax@internautics.net>)
>>
>>   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
>>460 Failed to submit job 3: Unable to open scheduler FIFO: No such file
>> or directory.
>>554 "|/usr/local/bin/faxmail | /usr/local/bin/sendfax -f root@rudolph -h
>>ttyS1@127.0.0.1 -d fax@4542074 -n"... unknown mailer error 255
>>
>>So when I do a faxstat, it says:
>>
>>HylaFAX scheduler on rudolph.internautics.net: Not running
>>

>Iīve got the same setup as you, Linux, us robotics 28.8 external, AND Iīve
>got the same problems. I havenīt solved the one with the missing *.afm
>files. Where exactly did you get them and what did you do to solve that
>problem?
>
>I too get FIFO error.
>
>How did you set up sendmail.cf (if you use sendmail)?

I haven't gotten that far yet, I don't think.  I didn't touch it.  In fact,
I don't think you need to. (?)

As far as the *.afm problem goes, I did an archie search for Courier.afm
and a bunch of matches came up.  I grabbed Courier*.afm and Helvetica*.afm
just to be sure.  Let me know if you come up empty and I may be able to
help you track them down.  You then just copy them into your
/usr/lib/ghostscript/fonts directory (or wherever existing files like
pzdr.afm and bchri.afm live)

I still have no solution to the FIFO error..

--
Jeffrey K. Bray				InterNautics Inc.
Creative Services Manager		P.O. Box 22097