Re: xferlog description

Ronald Wiplinger wrote:

    Please guide me to the field description of the xferlog

The field description is in detail in the man page of xferlog(4F).

    xferlog (sample line):

    04/29/97 02:49	SEND	00000078	cua1	59	""	JWSlavin@aol.com	"9088043"	""
    	65535	0	1:18	0:00	"No carrier detected"

    Is there any script available, that brings the logfile into
    a better (human) readable form?

You may start with the man page xferstats(1M) (or with the script-source
if you don't like the output of xferstats(1M));

    BTW, what does the No carrier detected mean? The modem is on,
    the fax number is correct. Where should I look for?

"No carrier detected" means what it says: your modem wasn't able
to establish CARRIER with the remote device. For more information
about the problem you should consult the session log file of
such a call.

    ....  for more information use:

For more information about what?

	matthias