Re: Linux RedHat 4.1, HylaFAX 4.0pl1 --> serveral errors

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Michael Agbaglo wrote:

> 1. The stuff won't install due to 4 fizzed up Makefiles in
>
> /man/cman.apps
> /man/cman.files
> /man/sman.apps
> /man/sman.files
>
> I edited them by hand ( '/' was missing... )
>
> 2. faxsetup didn't work properly, hanged during alias creation
>
> 3. It doesn't recognize my modem ( ZyXEL Omni288S ), although it appears
> in the garbage thrown on the screen...
>
> 4. faxgetty doesn't installed. When I invoke it by hand (or via inittab)
> it terminates w/o comment leaving DTR on

...it compiled and installed with only one minor problem on our Redhat4.1
The adduser/useradd script in faxsetup is not matching the parameters of
the real function supplied with this linux distribution....besides that,
all had gone smoothly.

regards,
      fred