faxmail MIME/CIME converters - gif2tiff

Could someone be so kind as to post me an example of how to implement
external converters for faxmail? I have worked out where to put the
scripts eg .../faxmail/image/gif for example, but the command line syntax
escapes me. For gif2tiff, for example, the program wants inputfile
outputfile. Inputfile is taken care of by faxmail. What/where do I give it
for output file?

Thanks,

Ben