Re: Probs using 2-D MR on transmission

Fred Meyer wrote:

    On Fri, 25 Apr 1997 Matthias.Apitz@SOFTCON.de wrote:

    > Fred Meyer wrote:
    >
    >     Hi folks,
    >
    >     ...i'm using HylaFAX v4.0pl1 build from source on a Linux box.
    >     The Faxmodem is a MultiTech MT2834ZDXI, which should support 2-D MR
    >     transmissions.
    >
    >     When connecting to a remote fax, that reports itself as 2-D capable,
    >     HylaFAX still selects 1-D MR.
    >
    >     ...actually i went for this modem because of this feature...and here in
    >     SA the MT-modem is twice the price of an USR :(
    >
    >     ...any hints?...i'll attach a logfile at the end of this mail....
    >
    > remove the spool/info/xxxxxx file for this destination number

    ...that does not solve the problem...the info-file for this destination
    clearly reports the 2D capability of the remote fax, but hylafax still
    selects 1D encoding! :(

    hints?

Submit a job and check the spool/sendq/qXXXX file for the value of
"desireddf" (should be >0 for 2-D MR) and if you send a PostScript
file (or a text file converted by textfmt(1) to PostScript) make also
sure that ps2fax(1M) use the tiffg32d-driver converting the file to
TIFF/F, e.g. do:

$ gs -h | grep tiffg32d
$ gs -h | grep tiffg3
    x11 tiffg3 pbm pbmraw pgm pgmraw ppm ppmraw

(my gostscript doesn't support tiffg32d).

	matthias