Re: Waiting for modem to come ready

On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, Bernd Duerrer wrote:

> Configuration: HylaFAX v4.0pl1 under SunOS 4.1.3 with gcc 2.7.2.1
>
> When running faxstat, I always get the message "Waiting for modem to come
> ready". The modem works fine when I use an UNIX command like tip.

You've got to be careful with `tip'. On some implementations, it
appears to ignore control signals from the pins; and you get the
situation where you'd be able to connect to the modem with `tip'
whereas `cu' would just freeze.

Check out your modem connection with `cu', since that's usually run at
the same privilege level as hfaxd. If that doens't work, I'd check out
your pin-connections.
--
Jonathan Chen                          e-mail : jonc@pinnacle.co.nz
  Pinnacle Software Ltd                Voice  : +64.9.415.4460