Re: Ghostscript binary distribution

On Wed, 23 Apr 1997, Alexandre Meissonnier wrote:

> On my fax server, running SCO 5.0.2, I use the ghostscript binary
> distribution from ftp.sgi.com which, according to the README file, is
> configured to work with HylaFAX. However, I could not convert a single
> postscript document with it so far. Even the e xample postscript files
> in the distribution don't work. Is this a problem of the distribution in
> general or an incompatibility between SCO 5.0.2 and a distribution made
> for SCO 3.2?

If you followed the instructions, including downloading the 2.6.2 fonts
from prep.ai.mit.edu it should work fine.
It works on the 5.0.2 machine I used to make the HylaFAX OS5 binary.

Someone else on the list running SCO 5.0.2 had gs troubles and also
wanted HP laser support so I made a gs with HP laser suport and it.
For some unknown reason it seemed to fix his gs problems.
Pick it up at ftp://trruw.metro.net/pub/gs.gz

As soon as I get a replacement test machine so I can run SCO OS5 again
I'll make a gs4.04 binary.

--
Tim Rice			Multitalents	(707) 887-1469 (voice)
tim@trr.metro.net