Ghostscript binary distribution

On my fax server, running SCO 5.0.2, I use the ghostscript binary distribution from ftp.sgi.com which, according to the README file, is configured to work with HylaFAX. However, I could not convert a single postscript document with it so far. Even the example postscript files in the distribution don't work.
Is this a problem of the distribution in general or an incompatibility between SCO 5.0.2 and a distribution made for SCO 3.2?

For gs gurus: here is the error message I get:

	Error: /undefinedfilename in --file--
	Operand stack:
	    (cheq.ps)  (r)
	Execution stack:
	    %interp_exit  --nostringval--  --nostringval--  --nostringval--  false  --nostringval--  --nostringval--  --nostringval--
	Dictionary stack:
	    537/547  0/20  6/200  30/70
	Ghostscript: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

--
Alexandre Meisonnier
Dohle Handelsgruppe Systemberatung GmbH