Re: More modem wedged woes

<Professor Moss complained of asppp's incompatibility with HylaFax>

I strongly recommend the DP package from ftp.acn.purdue.edu:/pub/dp
I prefer the dp3.1.4, because I only have SunOS5 here.  Dp-4.0
attempts to be compatible with SunOS4 as well, and has features I
just don't use.

FWIW, I just re-installed dp 3.1.4 here on twinscrew, having previously
installed HylaFax for the paging function.

The two seem to co-exist rather nicely.

Also FWIW, the last time I used asppp (Sun's bundled ppp for Solaris)
I found that even tip would be locked out of an otherwise idle port
for completely invisible reasons which required a reboot to clear.

I do not know who maintains dp now as Kirk Smith moved on to greener
pastures.  But the code (based on ppp-2.1.2) is solid.

-sam