Re: faxstst/hfaxd - no responce

Neal Dalton wrote:

    Matthias.Apitz@SOFTCON.de wrote:

    > Neal Dalton wrote:
    >
    > A good way to monitor such problems is strace(1) (or truss(1) on
    > other systems). In your case you should start the hfaxd(1M)
    > on the remote system from the shell as root under control
    > of strace(1). Don't forget to disable the hfaxd(1M) in the
    > inetd.conf(4F) for this test.

    I forgot about strace.  It helped some, but once the process forks off,
    I loose it.  It did show some printfs I had added.

    I can't remember the trick I once new to debug deamon that forked
    themselves.

The real "trick" is reading the man page of strace(1); I'm not
using Linux but I think there is a flag "-f" or something like
that to get strace(1) follow the childs.

	matthias