Re: faxstst/hfaxd - no responce

Neal Dalton wrote:

    I have 2 linux boxes, one is a 486 and hyla fax is working fine.  The
    other is a P120 and faxstat is hanging.  Even when I telnet to port
    4559.  It just hangs, I don't get the HyalFAX banner of anything.

    It is forking off the second hfaxd, but something is wrong.  the
    etc/hosts file is only available to HylaFAX and I can't find what the
    problem could be.

    They both have redhat Linux 4.1, the 486 is running 2.0.30 kernel. I
    have the latest version of HylaFAX, I installed the RPM version and
    build a version, niether worked.

    Also, I haven't figured out a good way to debug the child process, any
    suggestions?

A good way to monitor such problems is strace(1) (or truss(1) on
other systems). In your case you should start the hfaxd(1M)
on the remote system from the shell as root under control
of strace(1). Don't forget to disable the hfaxd(1M) in the
inetd.conf(4F) for this test.

	matthias

    If I can't figure it out, I'm going to copy the disk of the working
    one and reconfigure it  But that is a lot of work.

    I would greatly appreciate any help!!!

    Thanks,

    Neal