faxstst/hfaxd - no responce

I have 2 linux boxes, one is a 486 and hyla fax is working fine.  The
other is a P120 and faxstat is hanging.  Even when I telnet to port
4559.  It just hangs, I don't get the HyalFAX banner of anything.

It is forking off the second hfaxd, but something is wrong.  the
etc/hosts file is only available to HylaFAX and I can't find what the
problem could be.

They both have redhat Linux 4.1, the 486 is running 2.0.30 kernel. I
have the latest version of HylaFAX, I installed the RPM version and
build a version, niether worked.

Also, I haven't figured out a good way to debug the child process, any
suggestions?

If I can't figure it out, I'm going to copy the disk of the working
one and reconfigure it  But that is a lot of work.

I would greatly appreciate any help!!!

Thanks,

Neal