Re: Using the Hfaxd protocol

Brian Walters wrote:

    Thanks to Mathias and everyone else who help me get the FTP commands
    working on my Win95 Broadcast Fax Client, now I just need some fine
    tuning.

    I've searched the source files with a couple of different search scripts
    and just can't find this. Can someone tell me what happens after the
    JSUBM is issued in an ftp style fax job. When I try to send a PS file
    with sendfax I know I'm going through the ghostscript interpreter via
    ps2fax but where does a PS file get interpretted when it's uploaded to
    the fax server via the FTP protocol. I've found it necessary to edit my
    ps2fax script just a little to help with an image width problem
    1728vs1734 but it doesn't seem that I'm calling it when uploading a file
    with my ftp-like client.

ps2fax(1M) is called by the HylaFAX daemon faxq(1M) if the file
to transmit is a PostScript file. sendfax(1) does not convert
PostScript to TIFF/F.

	matthias