Re: Page Width..Still a problem

OK so no one has an answer. How about this? Can anyone tell me where and
how the "DEVICES" get added to GS. I think it's a GS problem, well
actually a driver problem, maybe. What really confuses me is that it
works fine in Letter mode but not in Legal mode.

Try this and see if it doesn't seem strange. Using win95 and the Apple
Laser Writer driver, create the postscript file. Try to fax it,
Nope...You get the image size error of 1728 vs 1734. Now take the same
file and search it for a line that says *PageSize, right below it you
will see legal. Casually change that to say letter. Don't worry about
*PageSize US Legal just above it, just change the line that says legal to
letter. Now send it to the fax again and Voala!!! It faxes almost
perfectly. Mine seem to loose the top 2.5" but they go throught none the
less, __NO___ image size errors. Hints, hints, hints, if everyone will
put a cent or 2 in I'll bet we can solve this.

The sendfax syntax I use in the test:
sendfax -n -d 1234123 doc1.ps

By the way, just in case anyone out there has missed it. Most commercial
fax programs I've looked at won't send legal sheets, just think of the
market potential for alot of computer nuts like ourselves to make a few
extra bucks to help pay for that 4 processor smokin' machines we've all
dreamed of for a home computer :)

Brian Walters<------------------------------------>macbnr@compassnet.com
      "How many computers can one have before they become obsessed???"
PM6100w/dos   40mgs     1.5gigs       Mac7.5, Win3.x, Mklinux
Amd586-133    32mgs     7.1gigs       RH 4.1, Win95/3.x, SCO 5, OS/2
Alpha UDB 166 24mgs     3.2gigs       RedHat 4.1 Linux
486 dx100     16mgs    1.6gigs       RH 4.1 w/ HylaFax!!!
http://www.compassnet.com/macbnr/bill_in_hell.html Joke about Bill Gates
    http://www.compassnet.com/macbnr               My home page