Re: Unix FAX Software ?

> > Have you looked at the WANG image add-in that you can ftp from
> > Microsoft?  It understands the received tiff  files (even to the point
> > of being able to show a thumbnail view of multipage documents) so
> > an appropriate disk link to the server via samba might be all you need.
> > A few conventions for logging/storing outbound faxes and  rolling
> > the inbound sequence numbers over (perhaps date-stamped directories)
> > might make it easier and the price is right...
> >
> Can you please tell me the location of the WANG software?

You can find it with a search for 'imaging' at http://www.microsoft.com
but the page seems to be: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/software/img_us.htm
at least for now.  There is also a white paper describing the full-blown
Wang image management program.  Since it understands the fax tiffs it
might be a good fit for someone willing to spend money, but the free
download is a nice start.

Les Mikesell
  les@mcs.com