Re: whfc

At 18:12 01/04/97 +0200, Stefan Mayer wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I just installed whfc on my workstation and tried to print to a HP UX
>Fax-server running hylafax 4.0pl1. If I try to look at the fax queue or send a
>fax I always get a error message saying:
>
>": command error, expecting command token
>
>[snip]

Hi.

I've never seen this error with whfc, so I'm guessing.

First of all, when you say 'workstation' you do mean a PC running Windows'95
or NT ? Second, could you open a DOS window and type the following :

        c:\windows> telnet derrick 4559

but instead of 'derrick' put your own server hostname. You should see :

220 derrick.elgro.co.uk server (HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.0pl1) ready.

which shows that the hfaxd server program is running. Type 'quit' to end
the session. If you don't see the above, refer to 'Troubleshooting.html'
from the html docs ( which is where the above test came from ).

Well, it's a start. Let us know how you got on.

Cheers,
Phil Watkinson,
Boston, UK.