Re: whfc 0.3alpha : fax numbers over 6 digits

Hi.

I mentioned a problem with the Win'95 fax client, whfc 0.3 alpha,
yesterday where it was crashing when the fax number was entered or
brought forward from the phonebook.

I appreciate Ulrich's prompt reply to me.

Further investigation found the cause to be the prescence of a file
called 'pbook.phb' in the whfc directory. It was a empty text file
except for the characters 'PBOOK1.0'. This file *isn't* the phonebook
that is configured to be used by whfc; and we are uncertain where it
came from. Simply deleting this file made whfc run reliably again.

Another, trival, problem was found during this testing; in the phone-
book screen, if the user clicks on the close button ( the 'kiss of
death' button in the top righthand corner of the window ) then an
error message 'name exists' results - as if the user had clicked the
'Add' button rather than the 'OK' button.

Cheers,
Phil Watkinson,          "It is impossible to make anything foolproof
Boston, Uk.               because fools are so ingenious."