Re: corrupted transmissions

On Mon, 17 Mar 1997, Sync wrote:

> It works great 95% of the time.  On the other 5%, it gets half
> way down the page that it sends out some noise.  The noise looks
> like random horizontal lines, with some dots around it.  My first
> guess is that there was interference on the phone line, but we've
> tried switching to other lines and having the phone company check
> the integrity of the lines all the way up to the jack.

Ah, but it could the line on the other end that could be the problem.
Check whether the failures are linked to particular clients fax
numbers or whether the distribution of failures are random.
--
Jonathan Chen                          e-mail : jonc@pinnacle.co.nz
  Pinnacle Software Ltd                Voice  : +64.9.415.4460