Error handling via Sendmail

Hello all,

I have been using HylaFAX for a while. Once a while, a fax will not be able
to send out due to certain error conditions. HylaFAX will then send an
error notice to the 'fax' user via Sendmail. That's all good.
(We collect all user's fax requests via a front-end application, and all
fax are sent out using the 'fax' user account.)

Can somebody give me some pointers how to perform 'Error handling' based
on the incoming 'error mail' from hylaFAX ?
What is the best way to poke at the mbox and perform programmtic error
handling for the specific sender?

Thanks !

Christopher Che
E-Script, LLC    http://www.erx.com