hfaxd Segmentation violation on Linux?

I have been running hylafax on Linux nicely for over a month. It is
Linux 2.0.28 on a 486. In the meantime the only real changes to my
system have been installation of Linux threads 0.5 -- a layer which
dredges up the kernel threads calls.

Yesterday my machine went down hard, I rebooted my machine to spin-up a
SCSI disk that seems to be dying. In the process it seems like the OS
file (vmlinuz) got corrupted, I repalced this with a copy from my src
tree. The offending disk holds my src tree and has no system files on it
or symbolic links from the system partitions (usr, home spool etc).

hfaxd now program checks with a segmentation violation. I just rebuilt
the tifflib and hylafax distribution from scratch hoping to correct and
potential corruptions, rm the FIFO's and did faxsetup--but guess what,
segmentation violation.

I think I know the answer to this question but I suppose I should ask,
can anyone point me at some blindingly obvious things I should check
outside of the executables that might be corrupted before I go to the
backups and reload what might be a flawed set of disks?

Could you copy a reply to me as well as the list?
--
Adrian Blakey
blakey@objfocus.com