Problems with faxgetty and Linux

While this is not directly related to Hylafax, I am confident that someone,
somewhere has run into the same problem. I am running hylafax-v4.0pl1 on a
Linux box which is currently at 2.1.27 in a RedHat (SysV) type environment.

I start faxq and hfaxd via my rc.local and initially I was also starting
faxgetty as well. I noticed that whenever I would attempt to dial out with
PPP, instead of the modem listening for a data tone, it would do a fax tone.
So I would kill faxgetty, but unfortunately the modem would be set in a fax
mode, thus causing me to reboot (since I don't know the AT command to get it
back in data mode!).

On the other hand, I have come to find that without faxgetty, my faxes will
queue until I start faxgetty. Unfortunately, once the faxes are sent, I can't
get the modem to call out with a data tone.

So does anyone have a solution to this problem? Do I need another type of
"faxgetty" type program? Or am I doing something wrong with the way I set this
pup up... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--
Kim C. Callis			kcc@westworld.com
When it Absolutely,