Re: Problme with modem classes

> Hi folks,
>
> I am running 4.0pl1 and trying to set up the following:
>

> 1)	4 modems which can send and receive
> 2)	One modem which is NEVER used for transmission.
>
> I have them all working in bidirectional mode fine.  But attempts to specify
> a modem class to prevent the default behavior don't work!
>
> Anyone got an idea on this?   Ideally I want something that a user from the
> command line can't override (ie: the modem is inbound ONLY, period).

Yup, I use exactly it here.  In my /var/spool/fax/etc/config, I have

ModemClass:		"any: tty[1-2]"

To indicate that tty1 & tty2 are the ONLY tty's that outgoing faxes can go
out on.  I have 7 modems total, & all are bidirectional.

This only works for hylafax.  If you are using taylor, then you just have to
set up the taylor "ports" ( I think ) file properly to be consistant with
what you want to accomplish.

Let me know if you need any more information, I am a master at this after
spending 10 hours tracing code to fully understand what is going on.

--
	Steve Williams, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
	Genie Computer Systems Inc.