 Subject: Re: Problems with Winflex
 To: Christian.Schulz@munich.netsurf.de (Christian Schulz)
 Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 07:49:04 +0100 (MET)
 Cc: flexfax@sgi.com

Christian Schulz wrote:

    Hi,

    I=B4m running Hylafax v4.0pl1 under Linux 2.025. It is started by inetd in
    port 4559. Using the frontend Whfc under Windows95, everything works fine.
    Now I want to use Winflex for some WFW3.11 clients, so I entered in
    /ect/services the line "fax   4557/tcp" (like "hylafax  4559/tcp). Then I
    entered in inetd.conf for this service "fax" the same line as  the service
    "hylafax" but  with parameter -O (not -I as service hylafax).

    Telneting to localhost 4559, I get the message: 220 Hylafax ..... ready=20
    Telneting to localhost 4557, I get only the connected message and the Escape
    character message.

Yo must type in the command "version:1", "userID:nobody"....
This should work for the old protocol before you can
use the Windows client:

$ telnet localhost 4557
Trying 127.0.0.1 ...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
version:1
userID:nobody
serverStatus:
allStatus:
"DOT"
server:all modems:FIFO:Running
server:+49.89.xxxxxxxx:ttyFN01:Running and idle
server:+49.89.xxxxxxxx:ttyFN02:Waiting for login session to terminate
Connection closed by foreign host.
$

    Starting Winflex, I can read in the log file (Hylafax server SG28-UNIX  is
    192.168.17.1, client with Winflex is 192.168.17.50):

    Information: Initialising WinSock library: LoadLibrary
    Information: Initialising WinSock library: WSAStartup()
    Information: Initialising WinSock library: finished
    Information: Connecting to 'SG28-UNIX'
    ERROR: Unable to find service name "fax": WSANO_DATA: No host data record of
    requested type
    WARNING: Connect("SG28-UNIX", "fax") failed.
    Information: Trying Connect("SG28-UNIX", 4557)
    Information: tcSocket(0DB7:B570): connect(4, 192.168.17.1, 4557)
    Information: Connect returned -1
    Information: tcSocket(0DB7:B570): Connection in progress...
    Information: Sending version information
    Information: Waiting for send queue status
    ERROR: error:Can not map your network address (192.168.17.50) to a hostname
    ERROR: Giving up: Unexpected response from server
    Information: shutting down Winsock
    Information: WINSOCK.DLL unloaded

    In the hosts file in the Windows directory the host number is entered.

    After first using the binary contribution, I have compiled the Hylafax
    package complete, but this changes nothing.

    What have I to do for using Winflex ?

This question is answered in the FAQ Q165: you must set the
service port "fax" in the \SERVICES file on your PC.

BTW: there is a lot of stuff in the FAQ and you can search for
things using the small but nice search engine. In your case searching
for the string "WSANO_DATA" (without the "") would bring you
directly to the Q165 describing exactly your problem and the solution.

	matthias