Re: Problems with Winflex

Christian Schulz wrote:

    Hi,

    I=B4m running Hylafax v4.0pl1 under Linux 2.025. It is started by inetd in
    port 4559. Using the frontend Whfc under Windows95, everything works fine.
    Now I want to use Winflex for some WFW3.11 clients, so I entered in
    /ect/services the line "fax   4557/tcp" (like "hylafax  4559/tcp). Then I
    entered in inetd.conf for this service "fax" the same line as  the service
    "hylafax" but  with parameter -O (not -I as service hylafax).

    Telneting to localhost 4559, I get the message: 220 Hylafax ..... ready=20
    Telneting to localhost 4557, I get only the connected message and the Escape
    character message.

Yo must type in the command "version:1", "userID:nobody"....
This should work for the old protocol before you can
use the Windows client:

$ telnet localhost 4557
Trying 127.0.0.1 ...
Connected to localhost.