Re: pagesend

Ruediger Koch wrote:

    This is the second time I plea for help on this list, after I fought
    with the sources for two days without getting what I wanted, which is:

    getting pagesend to access a paging terminal directly via null modem
    cable. I tried to do it the easy way to fake mdem responses in the code,
    but it seems like I did not find the right spot. I suspect that a few
    changes in pageSendApp.c++ in

    pageSendApp::initialize(int argc, char** argv)

    and maybe in

    main()

    would do the job, since the constructor of ModemServer and faxApp don't
    seem to do anything with the modem, but I don't really understand the
    code.

The best way is to write a new pagesend(1M) application based on
pageSendApp.c++ by dropping out the most modem stuff in
pageSendApp::sendPage(). You can also start from scratch but if
you start from pageSendApp.c++ you have to understand what's going on
and which parts must be deleted for a line without dialing and
modem AT-commands/responses. I don't know if someone else is working
on such a pagesend.

	matthias