Re: Questions?

scurcio wrote:

    I have been considering installing hylafax here at work. We have solaris
    systems and are on a tcp/ip network.

    Can anyone tell me who good hylafax is for a commercial environment?

We're running HylaFAX in our company in a commercial environment.
The most used thing is our email-to-fax / email-to-paging gateway.
HylaFAX works reliable and without any problems for ~60 users.

    Do they have windows 95, NT, 3.11 , Windows for workgroups clients?

There are also clients for Win*; see my FAQ;

    Does it support inbound routing to the desktop? and if so how?

>From the HTML-documentation (html/setup-advanced.html):
HylaFAX routes inbound facsimile through the faxrcvd(1M)
shell script.
This script may be tailored to use local knowledge and/or tools to
route and deliver inbound facsimile.
In particular, if facsimile are received from well-known senders
and always directed to a specific person faxrcvd can be tailored
to automatically dispatch these facsimile by electronic mail;
consult the manual page for details.
Services such as Direct Inward Dial (DID) are not
supported because the hardware uses non-standard programming interfaces.
In the future, when updated versions of the ITU facsimile
protocols are supported in commercial fax modems HylaFAX will
be able to use routing information provided in the protocol
to do automatic delivery of inbound facsimile.

    I need a solution for 250+ users!

    How many modems on a server can i use with this software?

In principle as much as you can connect to your server. But
buy good ones and buy enough memory.

	matthias