Re: Postscript

On Fri, 14 Feb 1997, David Batterham wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This may be slightly off topic but, could anyone point me in the right
> direction to some info on postscript. I have HylaFAX printing our purchase
> orders automatically from a HP9000. This works marvelously, however I need
> to write a utility to insert a graphic in EPS format into a specific
> position in the PS file converted by textfmt (invoked manually) - it is
> the purchase officers signature.

The way I do this is by using GNU troff to convert from text to postscript
and insert EPS. GNU troff is a standard troff with some extra features
and among those are the ability to insert EPS graphics. Works like a charm
if you want to format a text document and combine it with graphics. It
also gives you more control over the document, like the ability to choose
font, draw lines, make tables etc.

/Mats

Mats Bredell                                   Mats.Bredell@udac.se
UDAC / Network C
Communication service systems                  Ph:  +46 18 187817
Sweden                                         Fax: +46 18 516600