Re: hosts file setup

Carlos Reed wrote:

    I read the faq and the mans.

    But I still don't see the lights on how to set up hilafax for doing the
    following tasks.

    Last say that I'm user foo@domain.ca,  and  hylafax is set up to send faxes
    via e-mail.

    So as being user foo , I want to

first of all keep in mind: you can only use faxrm(1) to remove a job
if you are the owner of the given job; you can remove any job
through the hfaxd(1M)-protocol (using telnet to the faxserver)
if you have the administrative priv of HylaFAX in the hosts(4F)
file and use the ADMIN command of the hfaxd(1M)-protocol before;

    a) How can I set up my hosts file to allow foo on the localhost to remove any
       jobs on the  spool area.

set line in hosts(4F):
foo@127.0.0.1:::XXXXXXXXX

where XXXXXXXXX is the encrypted password

    b) What should I add on my hosts file to allow foo@domain2.ca  to telnet faxd
       give a user name and a password in order to remove any jobs too.

set line in hosts(4F):
foo@domain2.ca:::XXXXXXXXX

(assuming domain2.ca is a host);

	matthias