Re: Problem faxing text files using WHFC 0.2b

jackb@pgw.picker.com wrote:

    Hylafax Version: 4.0P11
    Platform: Dec Alpha
    OS: 4.0
    Winhyla (Version 0.2b(Alpha)

    I have a problem using thw Win-95 interface to Hylafax (WHFC).  I
    can fax postscript files, but NOT text files.  The text files get
    queued up normally, but they DO NOT get converted to postscript
    like they do with the tkhylafax interface or the command line
    "sendfax -d number file.txt".

sendfax(1) makes use of textfmt(1) to generate PostScript
from text (ASCII) and tkhylafax uses sendfax(1) to submit jobs;

    ls -l /usr/var/spool/fax/docq
    total 2
    -rw-rw----   1 uucp     60002        156 Feb 10 09:09 doc21.ps.20
    -rw-------   1 uucp     uucp           2 Feb 10 09:09 seqf

    file doc21.ps.20
    doc21.ps.20:    ascii text

    Is there something I have to configure for this to happen?

the WHFC client directly creates a job through the protocol which
clients have to speak with hfaxd(1M); so the submitted
file must be a PostScript file (which is translated to
TIFF/F by ps2fax(1M) on the fly) or must be TIFF/F;

if I understand the things right there is no way to submit
a text file through the hfaxd(1M)-protocol;

	matthias