Re: UCP paging, sending SMS(GSM) messages.

Yngvi Sigurjonsson wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > I just wrapped up my first shot at adding UCP capabilities to
    > Hylafax, it is available at http://www.hagkaup.is/~yngvi/hylafax
    > where you will also find some rudimentary documentation.
    >
    > This is not very likely to work on all OS's but I have tested
    > on both Linux and Solaris 2.5.
    >
    > The abuse of Sam's code might offend the young so look away if
    > you are not into heavy code abuse.
    >
    > Please try it if you feel the urge.

    I managed to screw it up, unfortunatly I had destroyed IXO support
    by mistake, but now I have a new version of ucpSendApp.c++ which
    will do both ucp and IXO.

After some tests I finally got it working with the german GSM
provider Mannesmann, aka "D2".

BTW: Actually we've only three GSM provider in our small country, two
of them are using IXO/TAP and one is using UCP -- happy days for
standards for information interchange.

My problem was that I've had PagerSetupCmds set to AT&K0&N15
for my ZyXEL modems. For the two other providers this is fine
but the Mannesmann SMSC wants 14400/ARQ/V42
for the connection and I can't see any way to specify different
PagerSetupCmds for different service providers (e.g. through the
info(4F) file). Is there any reason PagerSetupCmds not being
in the info(4F) file? I'll dig into the source....

	matthias