Re: where is manpage?

Hi again:

   I am finally back to my Linux box. I checked for the manpage
"executable" and found out what's going on. I think this problem is
related to something I mentioned before.

   'manpage' is a shell script that is created _only_ when the HTML
documentation is installed together with the HylaFAX package. That's
why there is a manpage.sh.in file. This is used as a refernce to
create the final manpage script. This "executable" is created together
with 'man2html' and other goodies. Unfortunately, the HTML documentation
is _not_ intalled by default unless you specify it in the configure file.
The HylaFAQ package needs and assumes the HTML documentation is installed.
This is mentioned in the documentation of HylaFAQ.

   Let's assume the HTML documentation is installed. The manpage shell
script (without the .sh extension) is installed as a CGI binary. Usually
under /var/lib/httpd/cgi-bin, but this changes from setup to setup. When
HylaFAQ is installed, you should have access to manpage and man2html
automatically.

   Let's say you do not have a Web server installed. Just define a
directory to install the HylaFAX documentation and another to install the
CGI binaries. Then install HylaFAQ and make reference to those
directories.

   I suggest you to install HylaFAQ under a FAQ directory under the
HylaFAX HTML directory. And always remember to update the @ROOT@ and
@CGIBIN@ links for both the HylaFAX and HylaFAQ files. There is a patch.sh
file provided with HylaFAQ that does that for you. There is also an
example in one of the HTML files of HylaFAX in which it is explained how
to install the HTML documentation.

   The worst case scenario is that you will have to recompile the whole
HylaFAX package just to install the HTML documentation.

   Regards,

	Gabriel

---
Gabriel Fernandez		Wavelets rule!
Computer Science Department	Wavelets are cool!
University of South Carolina	Wavelets smooth your life!
Columbia, SC 29208		Wavelets transform your dimensions!

E-mail: fernande@cs.sc.edu	URL: http://www.cs.sc.edu/~fernande/