From: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lee Howard
Sent: 05 June 2006 16:40
To: mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: hylafax-users
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] mass sending fax windows client.

Mike Almogy wrote:

>Another issue, how much modems do you recommend for sending so much
>faxes? [5000 per day] I'm thinking of 10 USB fax modems  on a P4 512MB RAM
, 80GB HD.
>Will that do the job? If not, what do you recommend?

Usually you can plan on between 30 to 45 seconds per page.  If you have
V.34-Fax/SuperG3 and/or JBIG support then the average page-send time will be
less than that.

But, going off of a 45 second figure per page for 5000 one-page faxes that
need to all be sent within an 8-hour window:

  time slots per window = 8h * 60m/h * 60s/m / 45s
  time slots per window = 640
  modems+lines needed for load = 5000 faxes / 640 faxes per modem
  modems+lines needed for load = 8 modems

Recalculate by adjusting your time window and your expected average
time-per-fax.

Lee.