Re: [hylafax-users] Sending fax (image file jpeg, gif, png)

On Friday 02 June 2006 10:56, you wrote:
>    Dear,
>
>   I need some help. How to send image file on fax server (jpg, gif, png)?
>   isn't need a converter or changing configuration?
>   I have tried but I can't find the solution. Thank you for your help.
>
> ---------------------------------
> Feel free to call! Free PC-to-PC calls. Low rates on PC-to-Phone.  Get
> Yahoo! Messenger with Voice

You just need to render your image into PostScript.  Try

$ convert filename.jpg filename.ps
or maybe
$ convert -monochrome filename.jpg filename.ps
to force it into mono.

(This will need the ImageMagick package; but most systems have this installed
already.)

Depending how good you are with editing PostScript files, you can do more
stuff with the converted image.

If you're running KDE, then you ought to be able to fax an image straight out
of any application:  just go to print, and in your list of printers should
be "send to fax".