Re: [hylafax-users] Dispatching faxes by number called

Tech Support wrote:

As a new user of hylafax I'm excited by what it can do. I'm trying to get this solution implemented at our organization and I'm having some difficulty with a particular aspect. I'm using Asterisk and IAXModem to handle incoming faxes and everything seems to be working great as far as recieving the fax. My issue is this:

I would like to avoid, if at all possible, to set up multiple fax extensions. What I want to do (and I've read some things about this mentioning that it was difficult) is to send peoples fax via email depending on the number being called. so for instance if someone calls 6787922222 faxes are dispatched to that persons email.

Is that at all possible with a minimum amount of effort?

In your Asterisk dialplan (or however you dial a call to iaxmodem) you need to make sure to pass it the DID:

Dial(IAX2/iaxmodem/put_the_DID_here)

Very often you'll be able to use ${EXTEN} for the DID, but depending on how your dialplan works you may need to store the DID as the call first comes in and then reuse that stored information in the Dial. (For example, faxdetect will require that the DID be stored before the fax detection actually succeeds.)

Then, assuming you're using the suggested modem config file, you use $CALLID4 in /var/spool/hylafax/etc/FaxDispatch and it will contain the DID number that was called... and you can then use it and route faxes by it, as shown by example in 'man faxrcvd'.

Lee.