[hylafax-users] What's happening?

I've set up hylafax dozens of times for ourselves and others, but now that I'm migrating it onto our new server, I just can't get it to work.

First there's the requirement for password confirmation from WHFC (WinXP). I've tried various entries in the hosts.hfaxd file, and the only thing that works (in part) it to actually list my username and password. Even then I have to manually enter the password on login

The hosts.hfaxd file is reproduced below, showing some of my attempts:

localhost
127.0.0.1
172.31.255.
\.*\.\.\.
172.31.255.0/24
^edwin@::<PASSWORD>.

Second, when I actually send a fax through the specified username, it just sits there, with no attempt to send it. Yes, the fax modem is properly configured, and actually responds to commands form minicom.

Any help would be gratefully received.

--
Regards,
Edwin Humphries