From: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Iseli, Erich
Sent: 11 April 2006 14:17
To: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [hylafax-users] How to fax with 33.6 speed with hylafax?

Hello,

We're testing a new modem because we want to send out our faxes faster than currently with 14.4kbps. The new modem is V.34 capable (Zyxel U-90-E), so is the receiving fax machine (Lexmark T632 with fax module). I've configured hylafax to use the modem as class 2.0 but it stubbornly sends the fax with a speed of 14.4kbps. Is there an additional configuration to make so that hylafax understands V34?

Note: I've found out that there is a patch out there dating back to the year 2000 which meant to add v.34 capability to hylafax. I've checked some of the files to notice that the changes are in the version 4.2.5, so I'm assuming this patch has been applied in the mean time and that hylafax should be v.34 capable.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen - kind regards - Meilleures salutations - Vriendelijke groeten

Erich Iseli